This is my mom’s one of the favorite dish. When i was a kid, all aunties in our apartment used to have dinner together on our terrace once in a month. And this waffole, being my mom’s special dish was always in demand by we kids. Its been looong time I had funke and Takachi kadhi prepared by mom. So that day just thought of serving this new dish to pavan.
Serves : 2
1 Cup Toor Daal
3 Tsp Moong Daal
Handful Coriander leaves
3 Garlic cloves, minced
3-4 Green Chillies
4-5 tsp Sesame Seeds
2 Tsp Cumin powder
1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- Mix Toor and Moong Daal together and wash well.
- Then Soak it in water for 3-4 hrs.
- Now drain all water and coarsely grind soaked daal.
- Chop Onion, Green Chillis and Coriander leaves .
- Mix all vegetables, salt, Cumin powder to above mixture and knead together.
- Make small dumplings of desired shape.
- Put these dumplings in a steamer/cooker and steam it for 15-20 mins.
- Serve hot oil-free healthy waffole with Takachi kadhi !
Tip : You can also add Chiway chi bhaji (Dont know its English name, but you will get it in market) for taste. Toor daal is hard to digest. So have waffole in limit . ;-).