I learnt this dish from Pavan, but home he will only cook it. You can say, its his Signature dish 😉 and I will simply die to have it. I wanted to post this recipe long long back, but its so tempting that as soon as its cooked, I can’t even wait to take a photograph and finish it in one go. My mom prepares it with Toor dal, but Pavan uses Masoor dal and I guess that makes it more tasty .
Serves : 2
- 1 Small Cup -Red Dal
- 2 Cup Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Goda masala
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 Onion
- 2-3 Green chillis
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 7-8 Curry Leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped Coriander
- 4 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Mix Wheat flour and pinch of salt. Knead a dough. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Soak Red lentils in water.
- Chop Onion, Green chillis and Coriander leaves.
- Take a pressure cooker, add oil to it and keep it on flame.
- Put mustard seeds, Curry leaves, Cumin side and Green chillis.
- Now add Onions, Ginger Garlic paste, Turmeric, chilli powder and masala to it.
- Fry well and add salt and Coriander leaves.
- Add 4 cups of water and soaked Red lentils and let it boil.
- Now rool out the dough same as roti. Cut it in rectangular shape.(or in any shape you want)
- Add these pieces to the boiling Dal and put the lid on cooker
- Pressure cook it for 1 whistle and let the steam come out completely
- Once cooked, garnish it with coriander.Serve hot with lots of ghee and curd.