Generally preparing dosa is a headache for me as you need to make at-least 5-6 dosas for each. You need to be very patient till the end . So i better go for Idli. 😉 But Moong dal dosa are filling, with 2-3 dosas you will be done. Also its very nutritious and easy to digest. And its very tasty too. Some people prepare it with whole green moong as well. It is more healthy option.
Serves : 2
Preparation Time: 15 min
- 1 Cup Split Moong dal
- 1/2 inch piece of Ginger
- 5-6 cloves of Garlic
- 2 Green Chillies
- Jeera/cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Pinch of Asafoetida/hing
- 2 tsp Coriander leaves (Chopped)
- 1 Onion ( finely chopped )
- Oil for making dosa
- Salt to taste.
- Soak moong dal in water for 5-6 hours.
- Drain above dal and add Green chillis, Ginger, Garlic and Cumin seeds to it.
- Grind all above ingredients to a smooth paste.
- The consistency of the batter should be like Dosa batter, not too thin or too thick.
- Now add finely chopped Coriander leaves, Onions and salt to taste.
- Heat a nonstick pan. Pour a ladle of the batter in the center of the pan and spread it out from the center making round shapes.
- Drizzle a tsp of oil around the dosa.
- After it is cooked, flip it over to the other side. Apply oil .
- Wait for a few seconds till the other side is cooked, remove the dosa from pan.
- Serve hot with pickle / tomato chutney / or coconut chutney of your choice.
Tip : This dosa should be served hot to taste its best. And if nothing else you can have it with Tomato ketch up as well 🙂