Buttermilk is one of the best refreshing drink in summer. It is easily available in dairy. Or you can blend cup of curd with cup of cold water to make it thin like buttermilk. I remember, when I was in hostel, my mom used to give me the mix of roasted Cumin powder, Black salt,Chaat masala and Asafoetida. I just had to add 1 tsp of it to make instant spicy buttermilk. I used to like that also, but fresh Coriander leaves, Green chillis and Ginger give totally different flavor to buttermilk as mentioned in below recipe. 🙂
Serves : 2
Preparation Time : 10 min
- 2 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 Green chilly
- 1/4 inch Ginger
- 1/2 tsp roasted Cumin Powder
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 2 tsp Coriander Leaves
- Black salt and Chaat Masala to taste
- Finely chop Green Chilly, ginger and Coriander leaves.
- Heat Oil in pan, put above chopped ingredients plus Asafoetida in it.
- Add this tadka to buttermilk.
- Now add Black salt, Chaat Masala, Cumin Powder to buttermilk.
- Now mix it well and serve chill.
Note : You can also add Sugar if you like. This sweet form of buttermilk is called ‘Mattha‘ in Marathi . In this case you have to add Green Chilly and Ginger to taste only. And no need to add Asafoetida or Chat masala.