Actually I was forced to prepare this Methi (Fenugreek leaves) Thepla as attempt to make a Methi Sabji was complete flop. Nooo it was not my fault, but Methi was little bitter for curry. I don’t mind Methi being little bitter, but was not possible for Pavan to digest 🙂 So used my skills to convert that curry into something edible….hehe
But here m posting a original Thepla recipe for you. so don’t worry.
Serves : 2
1 Cup Methi leaves
2 Cup Wheat Flour
2 tsp Gram Flour
1 Cup Curd
2-3 Green Chillis
1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
2 tsp Oil
2 tsp Sesame Seeds
1 tsp Carom Seeds
1 tsp Cumin powder
1 tsp Chili powder
1/3 tsp Turmeric
Chopped Coriander Leaves
Salt to taste
- Take Wheat flour and Gram flour in a bowl.
- Add All above ingredients to it and mix well.
- If required, add water and knead to form a dough.
- Cover it with lid and keep aside for 30 min.
- Now divide dough into lemon size balls.
- Roll one ball at a time like thin chapati.
- Heat tawa and fry both sides like chapati / paratha.
- Serve it with Chutney or Yogurt.
I like dhokla w/o sugar… but in market i hardly got it… Actually i baught instant mix..but i didnt like it as it was sweet.. so prepared it by my way..
1 cup Gram flour.
1 cup Curd (yogurt)
3 Green chili.
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder.
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1 tsp Chopped ginger garlic.
1/2 tsp Soda bi-carb.
2 tsp Chopped coriander.
6-8 Curry leaves
Oil 2 tbsp.
Salt As per taste
1. Put gram flour in a large bowl. Mix in yogurt, water and beat to a smooth paste.
2. Add chili paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, salt n Soda to the batter.
3. Heat pressure cooker with about 1 ½ cups water for steaming the dhokla..
4. Put batter into flat greased vessel or a thali or a cake tin.
5. Steam cooker for about 15 minutes. Do not place the whistle.
6. remove lid n cool for a few minutes.
7. Cut into squares.
Make seasoning –
Heat oil in a small pan. Add chili, mustard seeds, cumin seeds.
When they stop spluttering, add curry leaves.
Pour over dhokla squares. Sprinkle chopped coriander.
Serve hot or cold with green chutney or with tomato ketchup.
M crazy for Daal Baati n in my group m famous for making Baati. Now my friends also loves it. For me, my mom gives me this ready made Baati Flour, so any time i can preapre it for my lunch. I find it the best alternative for Chapati.
• 4 Cups flour
• 1 1/2 Cup rava
• 2 tbsp Cumin seeds
• 5 tbsp Ghee
• 2 Cups boiled toovar dal
• 3 Garlic flakes
• 3 Green chillies
• 1 tsp Red chilli powder
• 1 tsp Garam masala
• 1 Tomato chopped
• 4 tbsp Ghee
• 2 tbsp Oil
Make a dough of flour, rava, salt and ghee.
Prepare small balls out of this dough.
Roast these small balls till it turns brown.
Add ghee on itBaati is ready.
Heat the oil and add cumin seeds.
Add green chillies, garlic, red chilli powder, garam masala and tomatoesStir it well.
Add boiled toovar dal and pour 4 cups of water.
Allow it to boil for 10 minutes.
Dal is ready.
Serve Daal bati with ghee.