Category Archives: Kitchen Tips
1. Do not store Potatoes and Onions together. It will rot Potatoes quickly. 2. Place an apple in a bag of Potatoes to prevent it from budding. 3. Boiled Potatoes packed in zip lock or air tight container can be stored in freeze for 2-3 days and can be used whenever required for cooking.
1. When you buy Okra, go for the tender pods. Check the tips of pods as well. If it ( tip) is easily breakable, considered fresh. 2. Never keep the lid on pan while cooking Okra. 3. Add 3-4 drops of Lemon juice while cooking. It avoids stickiness.
1. To avoid tears while cutting Onions, cut onion in half and keep it in freezer for 10-15 min or put it in cold water for 5-10 min and then chop it. 2. You can store chopped Onions in ziplock bag or airtight container in freeze for 2-3 days and can use whenever required for cooking. It saves time. 3. If onions are too strong in Taste or smell for Salad, chop then and keep it in freeze for a day. This milds onions taste and Read More +
1. Puris to absorb less oil, make dough little hard than chapati dough. Make Puris immediately after dough is ready. 2. To make Puris more crispy add 1/4 portion of Rice flour or Rava ( Sooji ) to wheat flour 3. Add 1/2 tsp of Carom seeds to flour while preparing dough. It will give taste to puries
1. Add 1 tsp of curd or few drops of lime juice while cooking Ladies fingers. It will prevent them from getting sticky. 2. While preparing Chapati or Paratha , add 1 tsp curd in dough instead of oil. Chapatis will be more soft and white.