Egg Pulusu or can say ‘Tangy Egg Gravy’, is another awesome south Indian dish I learnt from my roomie. For me, Egg is always preferred option to cook because of two reasons. First, me and Pavan both love it and 2nd most important, its very easy to prepare in any way ;-). So this new dish is just like a treat for us. 🙂
Serves : 2
2-3 Green Chillies
7-8 Curry Leaves
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1 lemon size Tamarind
1/4 tsp Methi (Fenugreek) Seeds
1/4 tsp Garam masala
1 tsp ginger Garlic paste
1 tsp Cumin + Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp Coriander powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
2 tsp Oil
Salt to to taste
- Take Tamarind in a bowl and soak it in water to get juice.
- Boil eggs for 10-15 min. Once cool remove the shell.
- Pierce eggs with knife as shown to absorb the gravy.
- Now Chop Onions and Green chillis.
- Heat Oil in pan, add Mustard, Methi and Cumin seeds, Curry leaves and Green chillis.
- Once they pop add chopped Onions and Ginger garlic paste and fry well.
- Add red Chilli powder,Turmeric,Garam masala,Salt and 3 cups of water.Boil for 5-7 min.
- Now add Tamarind juice and boiled eggs into the gravy.
- Stir it well and let cook on low flame for 5 to 10 min until gravy becomes thick.
- Our Pulusu is ready to serve with Rice or Chapati.
This was the first time I prepared Anda Curry and that too for around 15 people. It was the short notice that friends are coming over and need to cook something fast. Egg curry being really simple and quick (as you don’t have to cut vegetables) dish to prepare I preferred it . Believe me it was ready within 20 min and also taste was not bad… lol
4 Boiled Eggs
3 tsp Oil
4 Garlic Cloves
1/2 inch Ginger
1 tsps Chilli powder
1 tsp Cumin powder
1 tsp Garam masala
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Coriander powder
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Cut Onion, Tomato, Ginger and Garlic into slight big pieces.
- Heat a pan , add the onions, Tomato, Ginger and Garlic pieces. Add 1/2 tsp oil. Fry till slightly golden.
- Add above items in a food processor and grind into a smooth paste. Try not to add water while grinding, if possible.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan and add the paste you just made to it . Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all the dry spices, mix and fry till the oil begins to separate from the masala .
- Now add 2 cups of warm water to this masala and bring to a boil on a medium flame.
- Take the yellow yolk from one of the boiled egg and smash it in above gravy. This will add taste and make gravy thick.
- Now cut all the eggs into half and add them gently to the gravy.
- Turn off the fire after 5 min. Your Egg curry is ready.
- Just garnish it with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with Rice or Chapati
I know its very simple recipe.. but everyone prepares it in different way and its taste depends on that…the way i have learnt from my roomie is really temptating…. i can have this bread omlet as my “Brunch”… 😉
Egg – 1
1 cut Green Chilli
1 tsp – Cut Onion
1 tsp – Coriendar leaves
salt to taste
1. Kepp pan on stove n put 1 tsp oil in that.
2. Heat the oil and shallow fry onion + chilli.
3. Mix egg , termeric, coriendar and salt in bowl.
4. Pour it like dosa in the pan and cook on both sides
5 . Have it hot with ketch up and green chutney… its yummy !!