First time I had this dish at “ Jayshree Garden” in pune and loved it soo much that I was dying to eat it again. 2-3 years later I happened to have it in Cognizant canteen, for the second time and aahhhhh… I was equally disappointed. That time only I decided to cook it once and got chance few days back. Lottsa Malai in freeze triggered me to try it out. And honestly, it was a worth try. Even Pavan had it without any complaint .. 😉
Serves : 2
- 2 Cup Methi Leaves
1 Cup Matar (Green Peas )
1 Cup Cream / Malai
- 1 Cup Milk
2 tsp Cashew Powder
2 Green Chillis
1 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
1 tsp Red chilli powder
2 Cinnamon sticks
2 tsp Oil
- Blanch the Methi leaves in hot water for 5 min and wash with the cold water.
- Beat malai till smooth and keep aside.
- Chop Onion and green chillis.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add Cinnamon, Chillis , Onions and fry till they are translucent.
- Add the methi leaves and ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 2 min.
- Now add Chilli powder, Green peas, Cashew powder, mix well and cook for 5 minutes on a slow flame.
- Add cup of Milk instead of water to get thick gravy. ( It adds taste ).
- Add the cream, mix well and cook for 2 minutes on a medium flame.
- Serve hot with Tava Parotha.
Tip : You can add Sugar per your taste, as many people don’t like bitterness of Methi.
First time I had Chole at one dhaba..and I loved it soo much. Normaly Chole they ll have wid Bhatura..but its oily and moreever Maida…so i ll avoid it…;-)
1 cup Chole
- 1 large red Onion
- 2 big Tomatoes
- 1 inch Ginger
- 4 Garlic
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 2 tsp Chole masala
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1/1 tsp Turmeric
- Salt to taste
- Soak chole in warm water for atleast 7-8 hrs
- Pressure cook it with 1/3 tsp turmeric, salt upto 3 whistles.
- Drain the chole, reserve the liquid and don’t forget to remove the amla
- Chop up onion, tomato, ginger and garlic
- shallow fry it in pan and then grind it in mixer.
- Heat oil in a deep saucepan and add the above paste
- Add chilli powder, chole masala and salt, fry it for 7-8 min.
- Add chole and keep for 5-7 min
- Add 1 glass of water and let it cook for 10-15 min
Your chole masala is ready.. 🙂
Few days back I was heating my food in office pantry and there I saw this Pulao in someone’s tiffin box. It was soo temptating..though i didn’t know d recipe I tried my hands..and belive me it really turned out well
1 cup Basmati Rice
1/2 cup green peas
3 tsp Peanut Powder
1bunch of methi (fenugreek) leaves
2 finely chopped tomatoes
5 green chilies
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp Oil
Salt to taste
1. Cook rice and keep aside.
2. Wash methi properly and drain the water .
3. Now heat oil in the pan and add garlic paste, cumin, green chilies.
4. Add Peanut powder, salt and fry for 2 min.
5. Then add tomatoes, peas and Methi.
6. Stir-fry the curry for 8-10 minutes.
7. Take rice in big bowl and mix it with this curry.
8. Serve hot Pulao with chilled raita. .. 🙂